Dieting has become big business and new trendy solutions appear every day. It’s easy to become so confused you just give up. Should you eat like the beach doctor says? Is eating like a caveman really your best option? Is it necessary to eat nothing but grapefruit to lose weight? What about miracles pills or supplements?
But you don’t need to “diet” to lose weight. A healthy, active lifestyle will bring you the results you need.
Losing weight is not that complicated. Below are seven of the simplest weight loss strategies. By following these simple tips you can achieve weight loss.
- Plan ahead. You know if you get too hungry you’re going to have to deal with cravings. This means you’ll probably eat too much of the wrong foods. So keep healthy snacks handy in your purse, car, or desk at work. Always eat before you get really hungry. Good snack choices are small packages of nuts or sliced up fruits and veggies.
- Read labels and avoid these foods: There are some things you should never eat under any circumstances. They have no nutritional value and cause your body nothing but harm.
- HFCS – High fructose corn syrup
- White sugar
- Saturated fat
- Refined or bleached flour
- Trans fat
If you see these items listed on the label then put the product back on the shelf and walk away.
- Watch your carbs. You should get the majority of your carbs from veggies or from whole grains. Avoid white bread and baked snack cakes that are full of refined sugar and white flour.
- Reduce or eliminate your alcohol intake. Not only does alcohol add unnecessary calories but you won’t be as careful about what you’re eating when you’re feeling a little tipsy. It also reduces your production of leptin which tells your body when it’s full.
- Stay hydrated. Your body always lets you know when it needs something. But sometimes you feel hungry when your body is actually just thirsty. When you feel hungry drink one or two glasses of water. You’ll be surprised at how much less food it will take to make you feel full. Do not try to quench your thirst with sugary or caffeinated drinks.
- Eat unsaturated fats instead of saturated. Foods that are high in saturated fat produce lower levels of leptin. This means your mind won’t get the message you’re full or satisfied.
- Get off the couch and move! If you can’t afford a gym membership at least go for a walk three or four times a week. Walk at your normal pace for a while — and then run for a few minutes. The boost of activity will get your heart pumping and your metabolism burning calories.
Losing weight isn’t complicated; though it does requires dedication and consistency. But don’t make it harder than it is by trying to follow complex diet plans. You don’t need to count every calorie or buy expensive premade foods.
By following even the simplest weight loss strategies you will get to your desired weight